There are many advantages to using soft dog crates over the typical hard-sided ones. Soft crates are made with flexible fabrics such as nylon, which makes them lighter and easier to carry around, as well as allowing them to be folded for storage when not in use. In addition, the soft crates usually have mesh panels on two or three sides, which not only provides your pet with greater ventilation, they also allow him increased visibility, which can be more reassuring when he is in the crate. Since the interior is padded, your dog is also more comfortable. And, they are generally more affordable than hard crates.
Soft dog crates are not suitable for all dogs, however, since the more aggressive ones may easily claw or chew through the mesh windows in order to escape. In addition, some dogs may also be able to escape by opening the zipper. However, many dog crate manufacturers have already addressed some of these problems and the newer crates don’t have these weaknesses.
If you decide that the soft crate is the best option for your pet, you’ll find that there are a wide variety of colors and styles to choose from. But it is important that you get the right-sized crate for your dog, particularly if you are planning to use it as a pet carrier. Make sure you get one that is not too big or too small for the dog and that they’ll be able to move around inside comfortably.
Here are some recommended soft crates for you to choose from:
Firstrax Port-A-Crate E2 Pet Home By Petnation
This extremely comfortable soft crate is your pet’s home away from home. When in your house, the E2 can serve as your dog’s kennel. But if you need to take your dog to the vet, or to travel with you on a trip, you can zip the doors shut to create a secure enclosure. The crate is made with a tight-weave mesh fabric that is extremely durable as well as water resistant, allowing it to be used indoors or outdoors, as well as a steel frame to provide support. And the crate is well-ventilated due to the unique design of its mesh windows, which have honeycomb-like perforations that encourage airflow throughout the interior. It can accommodate pets of up to 70 lbs. Some of the major benefits of the E2 include:
- Cleaning the pet crate is easy in case of accidents; all you have to do is clean up the waste and then wipe down the material with an odor and stain remover. For more serious cleaning, you can simply remove the washable cover and put it in your washing machine.
- The crate is safe for your pet to use since it is made of a non-toxic fabric that has no sharp edges that could injure him.
- The crate is easy to fold and set up, with side clips that keep it folded when not in use.
Sof-Krate Pet Home By Npz2Noz
Your dog will love this comfortable soft crate that can accommodate pets of up to 70 lbs and comes in five sizes. The crate doors can be rolled up and secured in place to allow it to be used as a dog bed or kennel. But when you need to take your dog with you on a trip or to the vet, simply roll down the doors and he’s securely inside, ready to go. And unlike other soft crates, the Sof-Krate is easy to clean, with a fully-washable cover that is also water-resistant. Here are some of the other great benefits of the Sof-Krate:
- It is easy to set up and fold. All you have to do is unhook the couplers using the push-button tabs and the crate can be raised within seconds. When you want to store it when it is not in use, the accordion design allows it to fold down flat so it takes up less space.
- It is safe for your pet. The Sof-Krate is made with non-toxic materials that have no sharp edges inside, as well as rounded corners on the outside to protect your car and home from damage.
- Additional security features to ensure your pet won’t escape. The crate has heavy-duty industrial zippers that your dog won’t be able to open, as well as door latches.
Three-Door Soft Crate By Elitefield
This great affordable crate features doors on the top, front and size for easy access and measures 42-inches by 28-inches by 32-inches, which is larger than the typical soft crate to ensure that your pet has enough room to move around inside. The durable and water-resistant outer material is available in an attractive and stylish beige color. And the steel tube frame is durable while still being lightweight and easy to carry around.
Here are some of the benefits of this soft crate:
- The crate is sold fully-assembled but can be easily collapsed and set-up in a matter of seconds without the use of tools. Once the crate is collapsed, its measurements are just 42-inches by 28-inches by 4-inches making it very easy to store. However, you should measure your dog to ensure that the crate can accommodate him without being too big or too small.
- The crate comes with two accessory pockets that allow you to easily store pet essentials that you will need when traveling and have them conveniently at hand when you have to use them.
- The crate is easy to clean since the outer material as well as the mat is removable for machine or hand-washing.
- The crate comes with a free carrying bag as well as a crate mat.
Generation II Deluxe Soft Crate By Pet Gear
This soft crate is affordable while still boasting of a range of great features that you and your dog will love. The crate measures 36-inches by 23-inches by 27-inches and can accommodate pets up to 70 lbs. When folded, however, the crate becomes a very compact package that can be easily stored in your trunk or underneath your bed. Setting it up is easy since it has a push-button mechanism that lets you open and fold the crate in a matter of seconds. It is recommended for medium-sized dogs such as beagles, Chow Chows, Boston Terriers and Shar-Peis.
Here are some of the other benefits you can enjoy with this soft crate:
- Internal steel-tube frame is durable while still being lightweight and holding the covering in place to securely maintain its shape.
- The soft crate has three doors at the side, front and top for easy access. The doors can be left open to allow the crate to be used as a dog bed or zipped shut so it can be used for crate training as well as transporting your pet.
- It is available in a wide variety of stylish colors ranging from Moss Green, Purple, Pink, Red Poppy and Ocean Blue.
- The removable waterproof mat and fleece pad make the interior very easy to clean.
Soft-Sided Dog Crate With Mat By Go Pet Club
This affordable soft crate is great for pet owners on a budget while providing them with an outstanding crate that dogs will love. This crate is ideal for larger dogs and measures 24-inches by 22-inches by 32-inches. The cover is made of heavy-duty polyester that is water-resistant and has PVC backing, allowing it to be used indoors or outdoors. It has a front mesh door as well as mesh windows on all three sides to ensure the crate is well ventilated and your pet comfortable. It is available in an attractive Chocolate Brown color.
Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy with this soft crate:
- The crate has windows on all three sides which come with covers that can be rolled up or down as desired to adjust ventilation levels.
- The crate folds into a more compact package for storage, and takes up 95% less space. When fully-folded the crate is less than two inches thick, making it easy to store in your trunk or back seat as well as under your bed.
- Features a lambswool floor pad to give your pet additional comfort and which can be removed for cleaning.
We Recommend The Firstrax Port-A-Crate E2 Pet Home By Petnation
This is one of the best soft crates on the market with a wide range of premium features that make it stand out by greatly adding to its functionality and ensuring the comfort of your precious pet. It addresses many of the most common complaints pet owners have with soft dog crates, including being made with a tough mesh fabric that your dog will not be able to chew or claw through and a unique mesh window design that ensures the crate is fully ventilated. And unlike other crates, it is easy to clean, since for most minor stains, all you have to do is simply wipe it down after removing the waste with a rag that has a little stain and odor remover. And for tougher stains, you can simply toss the cover into your washing machine. Keep in mind that the Firstrax is a multi-function crate that also doubles as a pet shelter that your pet will love to stay in.